THOMPSON PUBLIC LIBRARY
934 Riverside Drive (Route 12)
North Grosvenordale, CT 06255 | (860) 923-9779
About the Library | Library Policies | Laptop Liability Form
Patron record must be in good standing in order to borrow the laptop.
- I understand that this equipment is a 3 hour library loan and cannot leave the building.
- I will immediately inspect the laptop upon checking it out and agree that it is in good condition.
- I will not tamper with hardware or existing software.
- I agree to protect this equipment from theft and/or damage. I will not leave the laptop unattended.
- I agree to return the laptop to the Circulation Desk by the time due and personally give it to a library staff member. I will return the laptop no later than 30 minutes before the closing of the Library. Fines will be charged at the rate of $10 per hour.
- I acknowledge that the Library is not responsible for the damage to files or removable media as a result of using the Library’s Network.
- I agree to save my files to removable media rather than the laptop’s hard drive. I understand that all files saved on the laptop will be erased and the Library accepts no responsibility for lost files.
- I acknowledge that use of the laptop is governed by the Computer Use Policy and Wireless Network Policy and agree to be in compliance.
Laptop privileges may be revoked if a borrower violates any part of this agreement.
My signature below indicates that I have read the Laptop Liability Form and acknowledge that I am financially responsible for the laptop and its accessories in the event of loss, theft or damage while signed out in my name. I agree to abide by these conditions of use.
Driver’s license____________________ Initials_______ Date________ Note to patron record________
Please Print this Page
ab / 4/07