THOMPSON PUBLIC LIBRARY
934 Riverside Drive (Route 12)
North Grosvenordale, CT 06255 | (860) 923-9779
Children's services | family Resources
Meet your family’s literacy needs at home
Book Bags @ Your Library
Promote literacy & math skills
·Entertain various ages and provide hours of family fun
Check out our book bags bag for fun on a rainy day, to use with a group, road trip, or family game night!·
FAMILY LITERACY BAGS
• Each purple bag has a different theme: bears, trains, bedtime, friends, farms, the zoo, & mice
• books for various reading levels
• storytelling kit
• game or puzzle
• activity sheet to coordinate with theme
Materials generously provided by Thompson School Readiness Council & The Friends of The Thompson Public Library.
• Each green bag contains Mixing in Math activities that introduce and explore math concepts & skills in a fun and interactive way
• Storybooks connecting math & literacy
• Cool games featuring penguins, road races, and colors & shapes
These bags were made possible by Mixing in Math.
COMMUNITY BOOK BAG
Community Book Bags are available with 6 different partners in the
community for easy access to family friendly literacy materials.
Borrow and return the bags at these convenient locations:
This project is made possible by a grant from the
U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services
All Safe Sites
Play Corner & Parenting Collection
Visit our Play Corner, it's the perfect place for young children to play! This area is appropriate for children birth to 6 years of age with parental supervision. Be sure to check out our parenting collection of books, videos, musical CDs and pamphlets which is conveniently located in the play corner. The offerings range from birth through the teenage years on a variety of topics, and all items may be checked out on loan.
Please note...Parenting/family magazines can be found in the main magazine section.