Check out these websites for great tips and reading lists.
- Reading Rockets for parents
- RIF – Summer reading resources
- Scholastic – Three ways to prevent summer slide
- Start with a book
Visit our Pinterest boards for more resources and reading suggestions. Boards include: Toddler Time, Preschool Story hour, kids books about books, favorite dragon books, favorite audios. series we love and more.
Great Reads & Sites
Picture Books: Preschool-3rd grade
Early Chapter Books: Kindergarten – 2nd grade
Picture Books (Older Readers): 2nd grade – 4th grade
Popular Series (Older Readers): 3rd grade +
- 39 Clues
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Mysterious Benedict Society
- Rick Riordan & Percy Jackson
- J.K. Rowling & Harry Potter
Want to know what to read next?
Children’s Book Awards
- Caldecott Medal
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Geisel Award
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal
- Newbery Medal
- Nutmeg Book Award
- Odyssey Award
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal
Don’t forget to check out our new kits (children’s books and CDs), Playaways, and audiobooks in the Children’s Department. They are great fun to listen to while driving on family vacations in the summer. Here is a great article on the benefits of listening to audiobooks.