A library card MUST be presented at time of check out in order to borrow materials.
You can view your library record, renew items, and place holds online at My Account.
- Username = Library barcode number
- Password = 12-character minimum
You may change these after your first login.
Three week loan period
- Books, audiobooks, musical CDs
- Magazines – current issue of weekly magazines do not circulate
- Chilton’s car repair manuals – $10 deposit per book required, returned at check-in
Fourteen day loan period
- Non-fiction movies
Seven day loan period
- Fiction movies
Three day loan period
- Cultural attraction passes
System down time
In the event the computer system is unavailable/”down”, patrons will be limited to borrowing 2 items per family and a valid library card must be presented at time of check out.
- Audiobooks: Adult titles must be borrowed on an adult card.
- Passes and daypacks: Limit one per family per day. Must be borrowed on an adult card.
- Movies: Limit of 10. Must be borrowed on an adult card.
- Musical CDs: Must be borrowed on an adult card.
With the exception of movies & cultural attraction passes, all items may be renewed once for an
additional loan period allowed unless on hold for another patron.
- Books, magazines: no fines
- Movies, passes and daypacks: $1.00 per day per item, not to exceed $10.00 per item
- Audiobooks, musical CDs: .25 per day per item, not to exceed $5.00 per item
- e-readers: $5 per day, no maximum
Fines are not charged on days the Library is closed.
Patrons owing $5.00 or more in fees will be blocked from using their Library card.
Homebound patrons are not charged fines.
We appreciate our patrons resolving any fees owed to the Library. Please note the
following: checks will only be accepted for amounts OVER $5. Checks are to be made to the
order of Thompson Public Library. Also, patrons will be assessed a $20 fee in the event a check
is returned to the Library/Town from any banking institution due to insufficient funds.